Our high-quality history education helps pupils to gain a coherent knowledge and understanding of the past. It inspires pupils’ curiosity to explore local, national and international history. Clinton’s history lessons provide children with an excellent opportunity to develop transferable skills, particularly those in the communication and problem-solving strands, so that pupils are equipped to ask perceptive questions, think critically, weigh evidence, and develop perspective and judgement.
Children at Clinton are supported to understand the chronology of eras in history and draw comparisons between a period of history and their own life. Our history lessons help pupils to empathise with others; understand the complexity of people’s lives, the process of change and the diversity of societies; and realise their own identity and the challenges of their own time.
Our hands-on approach ensures children explore history through primary and secondary sources, through visitors to our school and visits to historical sites and museums. By using the hooks of historical themes across the curriculum, children can become fully immersed, gaining greater knowledge as a result. Children are supported to use technical vocabulary to demonstrate their understanding of a history topic, developing a broader use of language. The skills that are taught within History are qualities that we instil in pupils to create enthusiastic, inquisitive, life-long learners.
Learn More About our History Curriculum
- Year 1 Autumn Find me a home knowledge and vocab
- Year 1 Spring How can we help others to have fun
- Year 1 Summer What are the treasures of our amazing island
- Year 2 Autumn Past events remembered
- Year 2 Spring How does the weather affect us
- Year 2 Summer How can we be like inspiration people from the past so that we can make a difference too
- Year 3 Autumn Ancient Egypt Topic Knowledge and Vocab
- Year 3 Spring How might our ingenuity improve the lives of others
- Year 3 Summer How could we encourage people to visit Warwickshire
- Year 4 Autumn Extreme Earth Topic Knowledge and Vocab
- Year 4 Spring How have visitors from foreign shores changed Britain
- Year 4 Summer Should we do more about the destruction of the rainforests
- Year 5 Autumn Ancient Greece Knowledge and Vocab Progression
- Year 5 Spring What can we learn from Victorian times to eradicate child poverty
- Year 5 Summer What part can we play in our relationship with Earth s water
- Year 6 Autumn Injustice Topic Knowledge
- Year 6 Spring How have great inventions changed lives throughout History and what inventions will help us live sustainably